I hope you are all staying safe and healthy! I know this is a strange time for everyone, most of our daily routines are on pause right now but life goes on in a new way. I know I have not cooked more than I have the past few weeks in years. I really do love the kitchen and I’m super grateful that my hubby likes to cook as well so we take turns. One of my favourite gluten free breakfasts the last few years is this super easy quiche. You can make it and reheat it, eating leftovers for days.It is also good with salad for lunch. I hope you are all staying sane working from home or helping your kids do their online school work…. crazy how life has changed. I am in the midst of moving in 2 weeks so that is keeping me somewhat occupied. What are you all doing to stay sane and busy in this quarantine time at home?!!
- 8 small baby potatoes (washed)
- salt and pepper
- spray cooking oil
- 2 tbs Romano grated cheese
- 2 tbs fresh unripened crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tsp chopped parsley
- 5 eggs (free range)
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cream
- With a mandolin or knife thinly slice potatoes
- Spay pie plate with oil and layer the potatoes.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- While potatoes are cooking whisk together in a bowl, eggs, milk, romano cheese, parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Pull out potato crust and add the egg mixture, add the goat cheese on top.
- Bake again at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let cool and serve.