This salad so light and fresh it reminds me that spring is around the corner. Winter makes me crave warm comfort food, but after months of hibernation, I crave lighter food like salad and fruit. I made this last week and I was surprised and how nice all the different ingredients tasted together! 🙂 I stole this recipe from my cook book Eat Drink Paleo. As always I changed a few things to make it to my liking. I love fall and winter but by February I am ready for some warmer weather so I can get outside more. This salad would be a great starter or just a light snack. What is your favourite salad or spring recipe?!
- 1 pink grapefruit, first zest, then peeled
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- pinch of sea salt
- ½ fennel bulb, shaved or thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- fresh mind leaves for garnish
- Make the dressing by mixing the grapefruit zest, lemon juice, olive oil, honey and salt together.
- On your plate layer the fennel, grapefruit pieces, and avocado.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss on the fresh mint.
- Serve and enjoy.