I just love to make fresh warm muffins. It was one of my favourite things that my mom made for us growing up. I have really been missing bread on my new diet and so making bread type things to feed my cravings is really helping. These muffins are gluten and grain free, but they still taste delicious. 😉 They are perfect for me to grab and take to eat on the go when I’m working or on the road. Plus, I even snuck in some veggies in these. 🙂 These muffins would be perfect for your kids lunches too.
I’m so excited for blogpodium happening this Saturday in Vancouver!! It is Canada’s biggest conference for lifestyle and design bloggers to connect. It will be a great chance to interact with other like minded bloggers, meet new people and learn how to grow my blog and make it even better. Will I be seeing any of you at this event?!
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp allspice
- ½ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 3 organic eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbs grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup grated carrots
- ½ cup raisins
- Preathea the over to 350 degrees, line a muffin tin with parchment paper cups.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, spices, and coconut.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together eggs, oil, and syrup. Add fresh ginger, grated carrot, and raisins.
- Stir wet ingredients together with dry ingredients.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then server and enjoy.