Happy Sunday! I have a confession to make….I have really fallen off the wagon with my diet these last few months! I have been eating cheese and bread and everything in between. I don’t feel my best when I eat like this so I am going to get back on track starting right now. If I put it in writing here it will help me stay on track. 😉 I get really bloated form eating dairy and bread so its a win win. I feel better and I look better. I am going to Mexico in August for a wedding and would love to wear my bikinis instead of my one piece….. So time to get working out and making better food choices daily!
This fruit smoothie bowl is a step in the right diction. You can use whatever fruit you like but it has to be frozen so that it ends up like ice cream consistency. I like to freeze my bananas when they are nice and spotty and soft. This raw date granola is the perfect topper, its sweet and healthy! I also like to add super foods to mine as well. This one has hemp seeds and chia seeds on it.
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup frozen fruit of your choice I used organic raspberries
- 2 tbs water
- Date granola:
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 9 pitted medjool dates
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- In your blender or food processor blend up the date granola until its small and chunky consistency, then store in a jar in your fridge till you want to sue it, you will have leftovers.
- For the smoothie bowl, blend bananas and frozen fruit together in your blender with a bit of water until it looks like ice cream.
- Scoop fruit smoothie into a bowl and top with granola and any other goodies you want.