Happy Saturday! 🙂 What a busy and fast week its was. I haven’t been blogging as much as usual as I’m just starting a new job, home staging as well as redecorating our house. Busy, busy beeeee. 😉 I have still been cooking most of my meals at home. which always makes my body happier then food from restaurants. The other night I made this Korean style tofu. I hadn’t made it in over a year and forgot how much I liked it. It was also a big hit with my boys! 😉 If you have a household member who doesn’t like tofu, make them this dish, I think they might change their mind. I know the dish is lacking veggies so serve this with some sautéed mushrooms and veggies or a salad to balance out the protein and carbs. Have a wonderful weekend.
- 1 package of smoked or regular organic tofu, sliced into 6 pieces
- 2 organic eggs
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbs braggs or soy sauce
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 2 cups cooked rice
- In a bowl whisk the eggs and salt together. Lay your tofu into the egg mixture and let soak for a few minutes.
- In a pan over medium to high heat, melt your coconut oil. Add the tofu dipped in egg, pouring the extra egg mixture over top of each piece of tofu. Brown on each side for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile make your sauce by mixing together the sesame seeds, green pinion, braggs and sesame oil.
- Divide up the rice into 2 bowls, add your tofu and pour over the sauce, enjoy!