I love summer, and it’s almost here. That being said, I am feeling the summer “pressure” to get into bikini body shape. I have also been feeling really bloated lately which makes me look “fat”. Which is also even more motivating for me to improve me diet. I am in a constant struggle with myself. On the one hand I love being able to eat whatever I want, like cheese and bread, but I always pay for it in stomach pain and extra weight. On the other hand, I really do love eating health and feeling my best. So starting now I am going to get back to eating foods that make me feel good without giving me stomach issues. Starting with this healthy gluten free dessert. 😉 I am all about balance! I never want to feel deprived or like Im on a stingy diet.
- 4 large organic apples, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen organic strawberries
- 1½ cups gluten free old fashioned oats
- ½ cup almonds or candies almonds
- 3 tbs maple syrup
- 3 tbs organic butter (extra for pot)
- In a large pot toss a bit of butter in the bottom and over medium heat, pre-cook the apples and strawberries for 5-10 min.
- In a food processor blend the oats and almonds until chunky then move to a bowl and add butter and maple syrup.
- Use your hands to make a the crisp crumble.
- In a large baking pan, add the fruit then crumble the oat mixture on top.
- Bake in the oven for 45 min at 350 degrees.
- Serve on its own or with coconut whip!