Well I am all moved in to my new temporary home! The last month was a bit crazy packing and moving but I feel settled and cozy in our new rental. We sold our condo in January and bought a brand new townhouse that will be finished construction at the end of August. Possession of the condo was last week so we had to find a temporary rental home for the next 4 months. We found a great older home (build in the 70’s) up on a hill in the forest. It’s so great for our 2 dogs and boys. They can play outside for hours and explore nature. My heart is so happy! 🙂 I grew up on an Island playing outside all the time and being in the city, I feel like my kids are missing out on some of what I had.
One of the great things about this house is the size of the property. We have not even fully explored all of it yet. We found a great cliff/bluff through the trees with an amazing view. A great place for happy hour with our camping chairs. 😉 I also discovered a small garden that is overgrown but had some fresh rhubarb growing in it. So of course I had to make this crips. My mom always had a small garden and I alway loved eating anything that we picked from it.
The crisp turned out so yummy, not too sweet or too sour! I served it warm with vanilla ice cream and it was a hit with my hubby. Let me know if you try it. I’m not sure you can find rhubarb at the grocery store but I am pretty sure it is at your local farmers market.
xx x Malika
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 cup oats
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup (stick) cold butter
- 4 apples (cubed)
- 6 stalks of rhubarb (roughly chopped)
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1. Turn oven on to 350 degrees.
- 2 Grease a lasagne size glass dish (pan) with cooking spray
- 3. Mix the ingredients except butter for crust in a bowl.
- 4 Grate butter into mix and use hands to break up large chunks, set aside.
- 5. Mix filling together with hands and toss into baking dish.
- 6. Top with oat mixture
- 7. Bake in oven for 40-45 min until top looks crispy and cooked.
- 8. Let cool, serve with vanilla ice cream!