I hope you are all doing ok?! These past few weeks have been crazy, my generation has never lived through something like this flu pandemic and it’s very stressful and scary. I am just taking it day by day and trying to keep my family safe. As most of the world stays indoors more than we ever have before we are all taking up new hobbies and cooking more then ever! I love cooking and it is nice to have more free time to do it.
Last night I made peanut chicken lettuce wraps and my family gobbled them up. I apologize that the photos are not of the best quality as my cannon camera is stuck in Victoria with my sister and I have no idea when I will get it back with the current healthy crisis. I used my iPhone last night with very little natural light so they are not my best work. I can guarantee that they are much tastier then they look! I also what to note how hard it is to find the food items you want at grocery stores right now. It seems you have to try 3 store before finding basic things like flour and toilet paper. What a crazy reality we are living in right now. I could not find and iceberg lettuce at the store the other day so I just used romaine because substituting is my jam. If you can find iceberg or butter lettuce I think either would be tasty. I served my warps with coconut rice, so yummy. Let me know if you try the recipe and if they are a hit?!
- 1 head romain lettuce
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 chopped shallot
- 3 small diced (red, yellow, orange) mini peppers sliced
- 1 portobello mushroom chopped
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 lime squeezed
- 1 nub fish ginger (grated)
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbs crushed peanuts
- 2 sprig cilantro
- 1 green onion stalk
- In a pan over medium pan heat add 1 tbsp oil and cook the chicken that has been diced into bite sized pieces until just cooked.
- In a second pan heat the other tbsp of oil and add the shallot, after 2 minutes add the mushrooms, peppers, fish sauce and hoisin cook over medium, heat for 5-7 min.
- While you wait prepare the peanut sauce. Then toss the chicken veggies and sauce all together in one pan.
- Serve in lettuce cups and top with crushed peanuts, green onion and cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy.