Hey Friends, its been a very busy week for me but I managed to make these amazing treats and had to share the recipe with you. These are low carb, high fat and the perfect snack. I have decided to try my the Keto diet under my boyfriends recommendations. The Keto Diet is is a high-fat, adequate-protein, low-carbohydrate diet. The diet forces the body to burn fats rather than carbohydrates. Normally, the carbohydrates contained in food are converted into glucose, which is then transported around the body and is particularly important in fueling brain-function. However, if there is very little carbohydrate in the diet, the liver converts fat into fatty acids and ketone bodies. The ketone bodies pass into the brain and replace glucose as an energy source. An elevated level of ketone bodies in the blood, is know as a state known as ketosis. This is beneficial for weight loss and burning excess fat and I am heading to Mexico in one month and would like rock my bikini. 😉
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbs coconut sugar
- 1 bar good quality 85% Dark organic chocolate
- Line a muffin pan with muffin cups
- Place the coconut butter and coconut oil into a saucepan and heat on low.
- Stir in the shredded coconut, then add in coconut sugar, turn off heat.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cups (approx. 9).
- Place into freezer to set for ½ an hour.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a saucepan over low heat. Spoon the chocolate on top of the solid coconut cups. Place back into freezer for 1-2 hours to set, serve and enjoy!