It’s Sunday Funday today friends! It’s the only day of the week my boyfriend has off work so I get really excited… 🙂 We might do the grouse grind hike today or head to Commercial Drive for the Italian Day Festival?! I posted a photo of this curry I made the other night on Instagram and was asked for the recipe. So I am sharing it with you now. It is one of the easiest things to make, I swear. It is flavourful and healthy, winning! My two secret ingredients are this curry powder (from Spice Works) mix and micro greens. I have tried to mix curry spices on my own but they just never taste as good so I cheat and use this package, and I don’t feel guilty at all. 😉 I found this spice mix at Hopott Farms but I’m sure they sell it at other retailers. Micro greens are the shoots of salad vegetables such as arugula, Swiss chard, mustard and beetroot. You can buy micro greens at most health food stores. They are picked just after the first leaves have developed and add a healthy kick an flavour to any meal.
I hope you like this curry as much as we do!
- 1 Can organic chickpeas
- 1 Can full fat coconut milk (read ingredient list make sure it doesn't contain cellulose)
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- ½ package of curry spices
- 5 Small nugget potatoes washed and chopped with the peal on
- Plain organic yogurt
- pinch of fresh micro greens
- In a large pot, heat the coconut oil and add the shallot, cook for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the potatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, coconut milk and spices and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes more.
- Serve over rice and drizzle over yogurt and top with micro greens.