Happy Sunday! OMG I actually have a recipe for you guys! 😉 I know I haven’t been posting many recipes lately. I have just been so busy with work and life. Tonight I just felt like having breakfast for dinner. Not just any old breakfast but my favourite gluten and grain free waffles. This recipe is the best! It is originally from one of my favourite authors and bloggers Danielle Walker from Against All Grain. If you have not seen or heard of her yet, check her out. 😉 These waffles are so filling with the cashews and eggs and I like to eat them with maple syrup and berries! Enjoy.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp real maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- pinch of sea salt
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Combine all of the ingredients into your blender. Blend until very smooth and creamy. You may need to stop the blender and push the mixture down the sides a few times to get it all blended.
- If you’re iron requires oil, spread a little coconut oil on both sides. Pour the batter into the waffle iron so it just covers the bottom portion of the iron, being careful not to overfill.
- Cook the waffles for about a minute or until your waffle iron beeps. If they release easily with a fork when you open the lid, they are done.
- Repeat until the batter has been used up.