Happy Monday! 🙂 Who loves popcorn?! The last time I had movie theatre popcorn my stomach was not happy for the next few hours….. So I decided to make my own at home and it was so freakin yummy and way healthier I might add. I think of popcorn as a treat so I’m ok with the butter that I used on it. 😉 If you haven’t tried nutritional yeast, now is the time. It adds such a nice cheesy flavour to the popcorn.
I haven’t made microwave popcorn in years, since I know it is soooo bad for me. I used to use an old fashioned air popper but this stove top recipe tastes better and is way easier then digging in my cupboard for the air popper! I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- ⅓ c organic popcorn kernels
- 1-2 Tbsp of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- In a heavy pot with a lid, heat the coconut oil over medium to high heat.
- Add 3 popcorn kernels and wait till they pop, once they pop add all of the kernels and put lid on top and remove from heat for 30 seconds.
- Put the pot back onto the heat with the lid on, once you hear the kernels popping, turn off the heat and keep covered till popping stops.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Pour over popcorn and season with salt. pepper and yeast.