Happy Hump Day! 🙂 Sorry I have been MIA on the blog last week, I’ve been busy with life. Don’t worry I will make up for it with this delicious recipe. 😉 I am not a big fan of cooking chicken….. as some of you may have noticed. I have very few recipes on my blog that are not vegetarian or vegan. I think that being raised a vegetarian and not being around meat as a kid has had a huge impact on me. Cooking raw meat, really grosses me out. I find I usually only eat chicken when I go out for dinner. I do cook it at home about once a week for my son and my boyfriend but I never end up eating any. I think I just get turned off by the cooking process. This recipe however is amazingly easy and I don’t have to handle the raw meat for more then a few seconds! You prep this in the morning, set your crock pot on low and when you get home for dinner, it’s ready to go. It has so much flavour, and the meat is nice and moist. I served mine on a gluten free bun with mayo, avocado and cabbage slaw. My man says this is his new favourite meal, so I know it will be a hit in your house as well.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 can of fire roasted can tomatoes (trader joes)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (from a can)
- Take all of the ingredients except the chicken and the onion and puree in your blender.
- Turn your crock pot on low and put chicken breast whole into the bottom, scatter onions over top then pour your sauce over.
- Let cook in crock pot on low for 7-8 hours.
- Turn off the heat.
- Shred the chicken with a fork, serve and enjoy!