Happy Hump day! 🙂 Its been a while since I made some good soup! I’ve always loved a good creamy potato soup. This recipe doesn’t have any creamy ingredients but it is nice and thick with the cauliflower puree and has lots of flavour from the bone broth. If you don’t want to make bone broth then feel free to make it vegan and use vegetable stock instead. It’s the perfect lunch on a cold winters day and you can make it once and enjoy it for days. I love winter….but I am getting excited for spring. 😉
- 3 organic golden yellow potatoes, sliced (skins on)
- ½ organic cauliflower, chopped
- ½ leek, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 3-4 cups of bone broth or vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs olive oil
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat the olive oil and then add the leek, cook for 3 minutes then add the garlic,salt and pepper. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Next add the potato and cook for a few more minutes, then add the cauliflower and the stock (you can use as much or as little stock as you want, depending on how thick you want your soup, but it should cover the veggies in the pot).
- Turn the heat up to high and bring to a boil, then let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Make sure all the veggies are soft to poke with a fork then put the soup into your blender and puree for 3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!