Happy Thursday! 🙂 This week is flying by….. I have been so busy getting back into the groove of things after such a long holiday. I have been focusing on work as well as working out and cooking a lot. I just tried my first Barre class last night…. I liked it! What is your favourite way to exercise?! This vegan “Pho” noodle bowl is so yummy. I don’t usually eat pho as it is meat and seafood based dish but this one is healthy and delicious. It’s also super easy to make!
Is anyone following my 7 day reset diet? If so I would love to hear how your doing?! I feel much better not eating bread and cheese….but I do miss it so! 😉
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 3 green pinion stalks, chopped
- 8 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs braggs or soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 nub of fresh grated ginger
- 1 tbs rice vinegar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 package smoked tofu
- 1 tsp sesame oil (for frying tofu)
- ½ package of rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 stalks of Gai Lan aka Chinese Broccoli
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- fresh basil for garnish
- In a large pot, add all of the stock ingredients and heat to a boil, then turn down to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile you can prepare your noodles according to their package instructions.
- When the stock is close to done, pan fry your tofu in the sesame oil over medium to high heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Wash and chop your Gai Lan and then throw into into the stock for just a minute at the end.
- Serve the stock with the noodles and tofu in 2 bowls and garnish with fresh basil and sesame seeds.