Happy Sunday! 🙂 Who’s getting excited for Christmas?! My 6 year old son is officially on holidays till the new year so I don’t plan on working that much. Weekends are my favourite and me and Preston just love making pancakes together. I usually try and eat gluten free but this past month has been hard and I have fallen off the wagon! Come January I will get back to me healthier ways. 😉 My body just feels better without gluten. Preston on the other hand can eat anything and so sometimes I give him a break from my crazy gluten free recipes and give him what he wants, big fluffy pancakes! These are actually sneakily healthy because I used whole wheat flour, quinoa flour and millet flour. I sweetened them with ripe bananas and everyone was happy with the outcome. Give these pancakes a whirl, I guarantee your kids will love them.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup quinoa flour
- ½ cup millet flour
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 4 organic eggs
- 3 ripe bananas with brown spots
- 1 cup of organic vanilla yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of almond milk (or regular milk)
- coconut oil for the pan
- Optional: Black current maple syrup for topping
- In a high speed blender mix all the wet ingredients together.
- In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Gently combine the two.
- In a non stick pan, heat over medium heat and grease with a bit of coconut oil.
- Ladle about ¼ cup of batter to make each pancake, pancakes should be cooked on each side for about 2 min. Once you see bubbles forming on the top, flip the pancake over it should be golden brown.
- Seve hot with syrup and desired toppings!