Happy Sunday! I haven’t been much of a hot chocolate drinker the last few years…until now. 🙂 My son is in love with it and so I have been making if for him more often, especially on the dark and cold days. Most hot chocolate mixes are full of nasty ingredients, so make sure your read the labels. This recipe is pure chocolate, milk and honey. The perfect little treat. If you fancy whip cream you can add some coconut whip on top. To make it extra special add some peppermint extract. I found the little sugar cookies in the photo at the farmer market last weekend and they are gluten free!!
- 4 squares of good quality dark chocolate
- 2 tbs honey
- 2½ cups almond milk
- 2 scoops coconut whip
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- In a heavy saucepan, over medium to low heat whisk together the ingredients.
- Once the chocolate is milted and the milk is warm, remove form the stove.
- Add the peppermint and coconut whip, if desired.
- Pour into 2 mugs and serve.