Is is Tasty Tuesday?! All year I look forward to my holiday baking. I’m lucky to have a mom who taught me that cooking and baking was fun and rewarding. It just doesn’t feel like Christmas unless I make some baked goods myself. In the spirit of keeping my treats as healthy as possible, these are low in sugar and are dairy and gluten free! So almost any guest with a food allergy can eat them. I brought them to a holiday party I went to last weekend, and the plate came back empty! What is your favourite holiday treat?! Please share with me in the comments below.
- 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 5 squares of Dark Chocolate (I used 85% cocoa)
- In a bowl mix together all the the dry ingredients except the chocolate and egg white.
- In separate bowl, beat the egg white until it forms a peak, with an electric mixer.
- Gently fold the egg white into the batter.
- Use your hands to form small cookie shapes and speed out into a tray covered in parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- To melt the chocolate, boil water in a pot on the stove then set a bowl on top, put chocolate into the bowl and stir until melted.
- Let the cookies cool and then dip in the bottoms into the melted chocolate.