Happy Sunday! 🙂 It seems I have not posted a vegetable recipe in a while… I swear I have been eating them. 😉 I love potatoes but they are pretty starchy and very high in carbs, so I don’t eat them all the time. This mashed cauliflower is a great alternative to eat with you protien and veggies for dinner. I served it tonight with cooked carrots and smoked tofu. My boyfriend is not a fan of cauliflower. I don’t think he likes the smell…..He loved this recipe for mashed cauliflower, he said it was a delicious surprise. So try making the switch for cauliflower mash instead of potatoes for your next family dinner, I am sure you will have some new cauliflower fans!
- 1 head of cauliflower, trimmed and washed
- 1 glove of crushed garlic
- pinch and salt and pepper
- 1 tbs olive oil
- splash of almond milk
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- In a steamer, steam cauliflower over the stove until very soft.
- Put the cooked cauliflower and all of the other ingredients into your food processor and puree for 2 minutes.
- Serve as an accompaniment to any meal!