Trick or Treat! 🙂 Halloween is just a few days away! I love Halloween, maybe more then most adults should…. 😉 My mom always made us the best costumes when I was a kid. I loved dressing up and going trick or treating with my friends. We would go to this park after we finished collecting candy and there would be fireworks and hot chocolate, such fond memories. Now that I have a 6 year old, I get to relive my childhood through his eyes, its the best! Now that I’m much more health conscious about what I put into my body…. I can’t gorge on my sons halloween candy like I have in previous years….. So tonight me and my son Preston, whipped up these healthy but very tasty halloween treats. I know you will like them, so get in your kitchen and have fun. We did, the best part was rolling the balls in the melted chocolate and licking the extra off our fingers. 🙂 Happy Halloween!
- 2 tbs almond butter
- 5 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp all spice
- ⅓ cup pureed pumpkin
- ¼ coconut flour
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
- In your food processor combine all of the ingredients except, coconut flakes, coconut oil and chocolate chips. Blend until smooth.
- Form the batter into small round balls and set aside,
- Melt your chocolate chips and oil in a bowl over a pot full of boiling water.
- Take each ball and roll it through the chocolate mixture and then cover it in coconut flakes.
- Put the balls into the freezer for 30 minutes to set the chocolate.
- Serve and eat or refrigerate.