Happy Hump Day! 😉 Who else loves banana bread? I hate when you go to a coffee shop and you order a slice and it’s stale and dry. This recipe is moist and fluffy and super healthy. Most recipes have sugar in them. Bananas are actually very sweet so you don’t really need to add any sugar or sweetener. Again because of my new diet this bread is grain free. I used coconut flour but you could also use almond flour if you have it on hand. I put these to the test with my boyfriend and my little guy and they both loved it.
I have to admit that this last month on the new diet has been tough. It is getting easier everyday. Food prep is essential! When I make big batches of things I know I can eat and they are ready when I am starving, it really helps. I have eaten a few meals with grains in them over the last 2 weeks, and I always end up feeling bloated after…..So I think I will stay on this grain free diet a while longer. Eating out at restaurants is always a challenge, so I try to eat at home most of the time. I will keep you guys updated over this next month. I do think that my gut is starting to heal! 🙂
- 4 rips bananas
- 4 organic eggs
- 3 tbs almond butter
- 4 tbs melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup coconut flour
- Preheat your over to 350 degrees, grease your baking pan with coconut oil.
- In a food processor combine all of the wet ingredients. Blend for 1 minute.
- In a small bowl whisk together all of the dry ingredients.
- Then add the dry to the wet in your food processor and mix again or another minutes.
- Bake in the oven on the middle rack for 55 minutes.
- Let cool then serve and enjoy!