I just love warm soup on a cold day. I have basically been living on soup for the last 7 days, on my new diet to heal my gut. If you caught my blog post over the weekend you would know that I am on a special diet right now for my health. I’m using bone broth as one of my kitchen staples to help seal my guy. I find it makes the perfect soup stock! I don’t love the taste of it on its own but it makes a wonderful soup base. This soup was no exception. 😉 If you like your soup super flavourful I would add a few more spices and maybe some hot sauce. I can’t have extra spices and hot sauce at the moment, so my recipe might need a little extra flavour. I still enjoyed it in it’s simple state.
- 1 butternut squash, de-seeded, peeled and cubed
- ½ leek, washed and chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves or gallic, crushed
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 4-5 cups of bone broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a crock pot, cook all of the ingredients on high for 2-3 hours.
- Once squash is soft and all veggies are cooked you can transfer the soup to your blender and puree it.
- Serve immediately or store in your fridge for later.