Are you one of those people who always wants more food 2 hours after dinner?! Sometimes it’s something sweet sometimes I just still want more food… any kind of food. 😉 This is when a healthy treat recipe comes in handy. Chia seeds are so good for you. Despite their tiny size, chia seeds are among the most nutritious foods on the planet. They are loaded with fiber, protein, Omega-3 fatty acids and various micronutrients. Fresh figs are one of my favourite fruits and they are in season right now! They are full of potassium and fibre and they are naturally very sweet. This dessert only takes a few minutes to prepare. 🙂 Your welcome!
- 1 cup of almond or coconut milk
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs vanilla
- 2 fresh figs, sliced
- honey (optional) for drizzling over top
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- In a bowl or jar combine milk, chia seeds, maple syrup and vanilla and leave in the fridge over night to harden into pudding.
- When you ready to serve the pudding, divide into 2 small dishes and garnish with fresh figs, coconut and honey.
- Serve and enjoy!