So if you have been following my blog for a while, you know I’m kind of obsessed with nachos. 🙂 I just couldn’t help but share with you another nacho recipe! This time I used potatoes and corn chips, they are definitely filling. They take a bit of prep work because you have to pre-cook the potatoes but I think that they’re worth it. If you need instructions on cooking the potatoes, you can use the link here. The recipe for the cashew cream I used on top is here, it was leftover from the Mexican corn I made. I’m sad to say that my nacho days might be over for the next few months. I think it’s important to be real with my readers and share with you that I have been having some personal health issues with my crohn’s disease the last few months. I’ve decided that in the next few weeks I will be staring a total body reset and elimination diet yet again to see what is triggering my symptoms. I hope that I can still find some great recipes to share with you along the way. 😉
- 3 cups of organic corn chips
- 1 large russet potato
- ½ cup of organic corn kernels
- 2 tbs fresh cilantro
- 1 cup of grated cheese (I used goat cheese mozzarella)
- ½ cup of spicy cashew cream (recipe link in blog post)
- ¼ cup fresh salsa
- ½ cup of black beans
- 1 tbs olive oil
- First off peel the potato, then follow the instructions in the link in my blog post on how to thinly slice and cook the potato. Use the olive oil to line your muffin tin and skip the thyme and garlic.
- Once the potatoes are cooked you can start layering your nachos.
- On a baking sheet lay out the corn chips then the potato slices and the cheese.
- Then add the corn and beans.
- Bake in the oven at 425 for 8-10 minutes. The cheese should be nice and bubbly.
- Drizzle over the cashew cream and the salsa and top with fresh cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!