Sometimes you just need a little treat on a Monday to make the day better. 😉 These little frozen key lime tarts are the answer. They are very healthy and have clean ingredients so you don’t have to feel guilty about eating them. I was inspired to make these when I saw my friend Kalene over at Join Health And Us post her recipe for raw vegan lime cupcakes. This is basically her recipe with a few modifications. Trust me when I tell you that these are worth making. You can just pop one out of the freezer whenever you’re heart desires! 🙂
- ¾ cup of almonds (raw)
- ½ cup of mejool dates (pitted)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp honey (if vegan use agave)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup of raw cashews (soaked for 4 hours min)
- 3 tbs coconut sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cups coconut milk
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- In a food processor pulse the almonds. cinnamon, chia seeds, dates and honey together for 2 minutes.
- Take a muffin tin and line it with paper liner cups, now evenly distribute your base into each cup and push down to make each crust even.
- In your food processor puree the cashews, sugar, coconut oil, lime juice and coconut milk for 2 minutes.
- Evenly pour your cashew mixture onto each almond crust in the muffin tins.
- Sprinkle with coconut flakes and zest your lime rind over the top.
- Feeze for 2 hours.
- Serve and enjoy immediately.