Mexican street corn is the bomb! I’ve seen it on Instagram and at the night market last weekend in Victoria, it was finally time to see what all the fuss is about. 😉 I made this recipe for dinner tonight, and I was not disappointed. The corn would have been even better on a BBQ but since my small apartment patio does not have a BBQ, I improvised and grilled it over my gas stove in a pan. Typically Mexican corn is smothered in cheese and a crema or mayonnaise type sauce. I decided to healthify it and make my favourite dairy free cashew cream sauce. It was divine. 🙂 A must try this summer……….
- 6 ears of organic non GMO corn!
- ½ cup of raw cashews (pre-soaked in water for at least 4 hours)
- 1 tsp Louisiana hot sauce
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 pinch cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup almond milk or water
- hemp seeds for garnish
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Cook your corn over a BBQ or stove until it's cooked on all sides and has some charred bits.
- In your blender combine all the other ingredients except your garnish.
- Pour the sauce over the corn, add the hemp seeds and cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!