Hot summer nights call for quick and easy dinners. This shrimp and pesto flatbread is so easy and so tasty. Even my 6 year old son loved it! 😉 Oh how I wish I had a nice glass of wine to wash it down with tonight….. Some food just tasted better with wine…..Am I right?! 😉 I used some goat cheese chèvre on this flatbread but you could use any cheese that pleases you. This will be my last pizza post for a while because me and cheese need to take a break. It’s kind of like a break up really, but we always seem to get back together! I know cheese is not the best food for my particular body, but its soooo had for me to give up. It’s like that bad boyfriend you keep taking back because you just can’t live without him….. Anyways cheese rant over, I will find other awesome foods to blog about. Stay tuned……. 😉
- 2 pieces of flat bread (I used Trader Joe's)
- 1 package of chèvre goat cheese
- 2 tbs fresh basil
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 12 fresh shrimp
- 2 tbs fresh pesto
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Pre-heat you oven to 375 degrees.
- Toast your flat bread in the oven for a few minutes first to crisp it up a bit.
- In a pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and garlic and cook the shrimp till they are pink but not over cooked.
- In a grill pan cook the lemon slices till they are slightly brown on each side.
- Layer your pizza with pesto, lemon, shrimp and chèvre and bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Add the fresh basil and enjoy.