WOW! This homemade ice cream is way too delicious. 😉 I have never made ice cream before, unless you count banana ice cream. It’s actually more complicated then I thought. Especially because I don’t own an ice cream maker. I will tell you though, it was wroth it. It’s not hard to make, it just takes a few different steps to make and you have to wait for the ice cream to freeze. I’m VERY impatient. I love knowing that this ice cream only contains 4 organic ingredients so I don’t feel the least bit guilty indulging in it. With this hot weather we are having in Vancouver this is the perfect treat to cool off with. 😉 This recipe was inspired by Kate, my fellow health blogger over at Cookie and Kate.
- 2 cups full fat organic yogurt
- 1 lime, juiced
- ⅔ cup honey
- ¾ bag of frozen organic mango
- In a pot, heat the mango, honey and lime juice to a boil over medium to high heat, then turn down to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Let the mango mixture cool a bit then transfer to your blender and puree.
- Put the mixture in a large bowl and let cool in your freezer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the mango is cool, gently fold in the yogurt and then pour mixture into a freezer back, let all the air out and freeze until frozen. (I left mine over night)
- Take the bag out of the freezer and cut the mixture into chunks and mix for 5-10 minutes in your food processor until the ice cream is smooth and creamy.
- You can then put into an air tight container and refreeze for 1 hour.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Note: I found it to be more like frozen yogurt then hard like regular milk ice cream