Have you guys tried Halloumi cheese yet?! OMG…..it’s the best thing I have ever tasted! 😉 Ok, maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration but this stuff is the bomb. I stared seeing it on Instagram about a year ago and I just had to try it. Wikipedia defines halloumi cheese a semi-hard, unripened brined cheese made from a mixture of goat’s and sheep’s milk, and sometimes also cow’s milk. It has a high melting point and so can easily be fried or grilled. Halloumi is set with rennet and is unusual in that no acid or acid-producing bacterium is used in its preparation. You fry it an a pan with some olive oil and then squeeze fresh lemon juice on it and you can add to any meal, salad or sandwich. It tastes like heaven to me……… 🙂 I was in dire need of some raw veggies when I came up with the salad combo. Feel free to use whatever produce you have on hand.
- 3 cups of lettuce or mixed greens
- ½ cup pea shoots
- 4 radishes, chopped
- 10 kalamata olives
- ½ orange pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado
- ½ cucu,ber, peeled and chopped
- ½ block of halloumi cheese, sliced
- ½ lemon
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Dived all of the salad ingredients into 2 bowls.
- Fry the halloumi cheese in the olive oil in pan over medium heat, after a few minutes the cheese will start to brown, then flip it over.
- Once both side are brown remove from the heat and squeeze the lemon juice over top.
- topp the salad with the dressing of your choice and the cheese and enjoy.
- *I used fig balsamic dressing