Hey it’s already the middle of the week…..that’s what happens after a long weekend, the week just flies right by. If you read my previous post you would know that I hit up my local Farmers Marker this weekend. I picked up some gorgeous fresh local organic veggies and that included some broccolini. I think I like broccolini better then broccoli! It’s so much more delicate and it cooks much faster since it is much thinner then broccoli. The beautiful yellow buds on the veggie were just the icing on the cake when it came to photographing them. 😉 This pasta is quick and easy and has lots of nice flavour. Go out and grab some fresh broccolini and make this pasta tonight!
- ½ package of brown rice penne
- 1 bunch fresh broccolini, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 oz goat cheese feta
- 2 tbs olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional garnish: 1 tbs hemp seeds
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Meanwhile in a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat, add the broccolini and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook or another few minutes, then squeeze over the lemon juice.
- Turn the heat off the pan and crumble in the feta cheese and then toss in the pasta.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with hemp seeds, then serve and enjoy!