Do you love egg salad sandwiches? I used to think they were disgusting….. I have definitely changed my tune in the last few years. You know the egg salad sandwiches that come in plastic packaging at cafeterias?! That is what grossed me out and they smell bad to boot! 😉 Once you make fresh homemade egg salad with fresh herbs and organic eggs… your mind will be blown too, I promise. 🙂 My secret ingredient is fresh tarragon! I have never given this herb much thought until I tied it in my egg salad and……… WOW. Eggs are a great source of protein as well as vitamins, zinc, iron and choline. This sandwich is the perfect quick lunch or dinner, just serve it with some cut up veggies or a side salad and your set!
- 7 organic eggs
- 2 tbs vegenaise vegan mayo
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbs chopped fresh tarragon
- fresh bread for sandwiches
- In a lage pot boil water, then gently add the eggs and turn down to simmer. Cook the eggs for 14 minutes, then remove from water and put in a bowl of ice cold water for 5 minutes.
- Peel the eggs and then slice them up with a knife and fork in the bowl, add all of the other ingredients and mix well.
- Spread the egg salad between 2 pieces of fresh bread and enjoy!