Anyone else a huge pesto fan?! I could eat pesto on anything! I don’t discriminate, I eat all kinds. 😉 If you haven’t tried making pesto with peas yet, the time is now! It gives the pesto a very fresh, spring flavour and the mint just adds a little something different. Peas actually have quite a bit of protein so this is great way for vegans or vegetarians to get an extra boost on their pasta. I used walnuts in this recipe, but you can use pine nuts or whatever your have on hand. Trust me this recipe is super is easy to make and worth the time. Leave me a comment and let me know how you liked it.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup of peas
- ½ cup of fresh pea shoots
- 1 clove of garlic
- ⅓ cup walnuts
- ½ lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbs fresh mint
- water as needed
- Put all of the Ingredients into your blender or magic bullet and blend for 1 minute.
- If it seems to thick and wont blend, add a little bit of water to think it out.
- Blend for another minute or two.
- Serve on fresh bread or over pasta!