Happy Friday! 🙂 I am so glad it’s the weekend. I am sipping on some lovely white wine as I type up this post. 😉 If you have gone on Pinterest lately you know that hasselback potatoes are a thing now. Of course I had to give them a try……….I found this great recipe from the blog A Bachelor and His Grill. I modified it to suit my taste, but what a great idea to ad feta and pistachios, yummmmm! I highly recommend you try this recipe as it is sure to be a crowd pleaser. Whatever your up to this weekend, I hope it is filled with fun, food and family.
- 2 large sweet potaoes (organic)
- 2 tsp earth balance butter
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbs shelled pistachios
- 2 tbs goats milk feta
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Scrub and clean the outside of your potatoes.
- Make slices in the sweet potatoes ¾" deep.
- In a small bowl combine melted butter, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper. Brush ½ the mixture into and onto of the sliced potato.
- Put the potatoes over a lined backing sheet, then bake for 30 minutes.
- Using a fork, fan slices separating from one another, brush the rest of the butter sauce in and onto the potatoes. Bake for additional 15-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast your pistachios for 5 minutes in a pan over medium heat.
- Chop up the pistachios and set aside.
- Season potatoes with pistachios and feta.
- Serve and enjoy.