Happy Friday! 🙂 I hope you all are staying on track with your new years goals. I can’t believe I have never made chia jam before. What’s that saying “necessity is the mother of invention”?! I wanted jam on my gluten free toast and most jam is full of sugar, so I decided to make my own. I love raspberries so this jam was a no brainer. It literally only takes 5 minutes to make this jam and one hour to set in the fridge, AMAZING! I am one happy lady now that I can have my P&J toast again. 😉 This recipe would work with almost any fruit you want to turn into jam.
Do you know how healthy chia seeds are? They are packed with so many good nutrients like magnesium, fibre, protein and omega-3’s! They help fight belly fat, make you feel full faster and improve your heart health. So many amazing health benefits all in one small seed! If you are not using them in your diet now, I suggest you give them a try. Chia pudding is also a delicious way to eat them, you can find a recipe for chia pudding here. 😉
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen organic raspberries
- ½ lime (juiced)
- 1 tbs of honey or maple syrup (vegan option)
- 2 tbs of chia seeds
- In a small pot over low heat, heat the raspberries, lime juice and honey. Smash the berries until they are the size you prefer in your jam.
- Then mix in the chia seeds and remove from the stove.
- Put in a glass jar with a lid and refrigerate for one hour.
- Enjoy this jam on everything!