Happy Friday! It was a long week at work for me and I am excited to celebrate the weekend, starting tonight! My man just finished his school work for the semester and now we have the next few weeks to relax and enjoy the holidays. 😉 I have actually never had a hot toddy before! I have heard about them since I was a teenager, my friend had a mug in her room that said “hot toddy”on it and I have been intrigued ever since. Wow, they are better then I could have imagined. I was shopping in chapters last weekend and found this cute little bootle of spiced apple syrup from Morris’s Kitchen and I had to buy it. I have to admit that I get a bit carried away when I want to try a new drink…..I even bought new clear glass mugs to serve this wonderful drink in….. 🙂
This hot toddy drink is great for warming you up on a cold winters night or hosting an adult game night in. I definitely give it a thumbs up! I would love to here from you if you love this drink or if you have another secret family drink recipe that warms you from the inside out… 😉 Have a great weekend everyone!
- 2 shots of Spiced Apple Syrup
- 4 shots of Spiced Rum
- 1 lemon Juiced
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 nub of peeled fresh ginger
- 2 apple Slices
- 8 cloves
- 2 lemon slices for garnish
- 8-10 shots of boiling water
- In a pot on the stove add the boiling water, the apple slices, apple syrup, ginger, lemon juice, 2 cinnamon sticks, and cloves and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain and pout into 2 mugs, add the rum and garnish with the remaining cinnamon sticks and lemon slices.
- Serve and enjoy.