Warm soup is just the best, isn’t it?! I am currently obsessed with making big pots of soup to take with me to work for lunch. I find they are so easy to make and it’s hard to screw them up. 😉 You can basically take any leftovers you have in your fridge and make up a new soup! Thats how I created this soup. I had leftover parsnips and potatoes and half a can of coconut milk in my fridge so I threw in some spices and created this tasty soup. Man approved I might add, my boyfriend was trying to fight me for the last bowl.
The holidays are just around the corner and we all know that eating healthy and having time to cook are very difficult during the holiday season. Soups are a great way to get in healthy veggies and you can freeze a big batch and reheat it when you don’t have time to cook!! 😉 So get into your kitchen and whip up one of my soup recipes! If you are on Instagram, tag your creations with #everythingsbettersprouted so I can find them. 🙂
- 2 parsnips (peeled and chopped)
- 4 yellow organic potatoes skin on (chopped)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp dried ginger powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- parley for garnish (optional)
- First heat up the oil over medium heat, add the garlic and cook for a minute, next throw in the parsnips and potatoes and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add all the spices and cook for another minute, then add the coconut milk and stock and bring to a boil, then turn the heat down to simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Now puree the soup in your blender for 1-2 minutes.
- Topp with extra coconut milk and parsley, serve end enjoy!