Happy Saturday! 🙂 Im sitting in bed enjoying the beautiful fresh snowy view of the park out my window. I love it when it snows and then the sun comes out and the snow stays fresh and crisp, instead of melting right away, which is what happens here most of the time. Last night I bought myself the best Christmas present ever. 🙂 I got the new cannon rebel T5i, and I am so excited to share with you the first photos I took with it of last nights drink. I had a decent point and shoot cannon powershot camera, which I used for most of the photos on my blog. The problem was that recently some dust got into the lens and was wreaking havoc in my most recent photos. I figured instead of paying to fix it, I would just upgrade to a SLR camera. 🙂
I decided to celebrate my new purchase and my first new set of photos with some champagne! This cocktail is great for date night (even though its pink ) or a girls night in. You can’t go wrong with a drink that sounds like it’s out of a James Bond movie right?! Typically a Kir Royale is chambord and champagne, but I decided to make up a slightly different version, and it was very easy to drink 😉 .
- 1 bottle of Rose Sparkling wine or champagne
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- ½ cup of fresh raspberries
- 1 shot of simple syrup
- 1 shot of vanilla sparking soda (optional)
- Make sure your champagne is extra cold! I put mine in the freezer for 30 minutes prior to serving.
- Smash up around 8-10 raspberries and put them iIn a martini shaker with ice, lemon juice and the simple syrup, then shake it all up.
- Pour into the bottom of the flutes, then add the vanilla soda and top up with champagne.
- Add a couple raspberries to garnish and serve!