Its almost the weekend! 😉 I love summer, its reminds me of my best memories of my childhood. I had some leftover basil, tomatoes and feta in my fridge and wasn’t sure what to make. I decided to roast the tomatoes and make a fancy, toasted focaccia. This meal is so simple but it tastes so gourmet. 🙂 I love balsamic reduction, it really adds a nice sweet touch to the goat cheese feta! I served this bread with a side of steamed asparagus. I l hope you all are having a great summer full of wonderful food. If any of you try this recipe I would love to hear your comments on how it turned out.
- 1 piece of fresh focaccia bread
- ½ pint of cherry tomatoes
- ⅓ block of goat cheese feta
- 4 big basil leaves
- 2 tbs balsamic reduction
- First toss the tomatoes in a bit of olive oil and salt and pepper then roast the tomatoes in the oven on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper at 400 degrees for 15 min or until they looked softened but not burnt.
- Once the tomatoes are roasted layer them on the focaccia with the crumbled feta cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 5-8 min. The bread should be toasted but not burnt.
- Cut up the basil into thin strips. Sprinkle the basil over the bread and drizzle with balsamic reduction. Serve and enjoy!